Year 4 - Learning @ Home
On this page, you will find ideas to help Year 4 pupils learn at home. We hope these activities support you during this time, however they are optional so families are welcome to use their own home learning ideas if they prefer.
Have a look at our NEW 'Online Safety at Home' section!
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset, then please let us know what it is. We will read your worries to see if there is anything we can do to help. Click the button below to share your worry with someone at school.
If you would like something else to do, you could try this:
Use your TTR login details to play NUMBOTS on TTR
Keep practising your timetables using soundcheck/Gig on Times Tables Rock Stars: Play
Play Quickulations to develop fluency
Choose a book from Oxford Reading Buddy, identify any words that you need to clarify, use a dictionary to find out the meaning. Record the definition in your exercise book.
Online Safety at Home
This week's theme is: What should you keep safe?
for this week's link.
Who would you tell if someone was being horrible to you at school?
Who would you tell if someone was being horrible to you when you were playing outside of school?
Who should you tell if someone is being horrible to you online?
Create a poster to help people who might not be as clued up about who you should tell if you’re being bullied online or see someone being horrible online?
Useful website links
Free virtual workouts for kids
Let’s Go Live Science with Maddie Moate and Greg Foot 11am Mon-Fri (and available afterwards) https://www.youtube.com/user/maddiemoate
Audible are offering free books
David Walliams is reading a story every day at 11
Writing legends Writing Legends
First News: https://schools.firstnews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/04/Lores_720.pdf
Draw like a professional: #DrawWithRob
Practise your keyboard skills: Dance Mat Typing
Myleene ClassMusic: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ
Learn a new language
Bear Grylls and the Scouts great indoor challenges: The Great Indoors
- English home learning W E 1 5 20 Y4.pptx
- Project Based Learning Food
- Week Ending 10 04 2020 English Home Learning .pptx
- Animals Project Based Learning
- Art Mosaic
- Captain Tom Moore Resource April 2020
- Day 1 3 Decimals Year 4.pptx
- English Help Desk
- English home learning W E 8 5 20 Y4.pptx
- English home learning W E 8 5 20 Y4 1 .pptx
- English W E 17th April Y4.pptx
- English W E 24 4 20 Y4.pptx
- Favourite Stories
- Fossils and Dinosaurs All year groups
- KS2 Rainforest Project Based Learning
- KS2 Space Project
- KS2 Transport
- KS2 Water
- KS2 Weather Project Based Learning
- Maths W E 1st of May 2020.pptx
- Maths W E 24 04 20.pptx
- Maths W E 24 04 20 2 .pptx
- Maths W E 8th of May 2020.pptx
- Maths WE 10 4 2020 Y4.pptx
- Maths WE 17 4 2020 Y4.pptx
- Mindfulness project
- NHS Learning Project
- ParentPack Mathletics EMEA
- Picture News Special Resource Captain Tom Moore 2020
- VE Day Learning Project PDF
- W E 15th May 20 ENGLISH.pptx
- W E 15th May 20 MATHS.pptx
- W E 22nd May 20 ENGLISH.pptx
- W E 22nd May Maths .pptx
- Week Ending 3 4 2020 Maths Home Learning for Y4 .pptx
- Week Ending 03 04 2020 English Home Learning for Year 4 .pptx
- Y4 Equivalent Fractions
- Y4 Journal.pptx