You should try hard things in life because you might not have the chance again. - Year 6 pupil
I found it hard to spend time away from my family but in the end, it was a really good experience and I would do it again. -Year 5 pupil
At Hartley, we are proud of the educational visits we offer our pupils. We value these experiences highly and see them as important opportunities for the children to develop skills outside of the classroom in environments and activities that they might not otherwise encounter.
As we are so passionate about the children taking part, the school heavily subsidises residential visits. We also ensure that payments can be spread over the academic year so parents can pay in instalments via Parentmail if they wish.
Year 6 residentials
- February 2022-23 - Fair Play House, Essex
- October 2023-24 - Ringsfield Hall, Suffolk
In 2022-23, our pupils travelled 606 miles in total. Visits included:
- City farms and a working farm in Broxsted
- A range of places of worship
- Many sport competitions, local and in Essex
- Skyscrapers such as The Shard and Leadenhall Building
- Local parks, royal parks and parks surrounding London such as Richmond Park
- Buckingham Palace
- Stratford theatre